Mental healthcare is often ignored or suppressed in our society. It is equally important for all of us to know and understand that mental health diseases as indicative to our day-to-day life as those of the physical diseases. We often are not informed about mental healthcare crisis or we try to suppress mental health diseases.
If you want to consult the doctor you can register for an appointment regarding your problem by clicking following link.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Psychiatric illnesses are medical conditions that disrupt a person’s thinking, feeling, behavior, ability to relate to others and daily functioning. Just as diabetes is a disorder of the pancreas, mental illnesses are medical conditions that often result in a diminished capacity for coping with the ordinary demands of life.
Common psychiatric symptoms:
- Anxiety, episodes of severe anxiety with increase perspiration and palpitation, fear of dying, excessive worry
- Repetitive thoughts and actions associated with anxiety
- Phobia from certain situation or object
- Frequent spells of unresponsiveness, hysteria
- Tension, inability to control anger, lack of life satisfaction
- Sexual problems like premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, lack of desire
- Sleep problems
- Headache, chronic pain and migraine
- Low and depressed mood, frequent crying spells, tearfulness, increase fatigability, negative thinking, ideas of self harm
- Fear, suspiciousness, muttering to self, hearing voices not heard by others, unusual and odd thinking, irritability, self absorbed behavior
- Over cheerfulness, increased talk, decrease need for sleep, overspending, increase energy, increase attraction towards opposite sex, ideas of increase self importance, increase religiosity, aggression
- Divorce, Doubts, Family problems
- Conflict related to homosexuality
Important facts about mental illness and recovery:
- Mental illnesses can affect persons of any age, race, religion or income. Mental illnesses are not the result of personal weakness, lack of character or poor upbringing. Mental illnesses are biologically-based brain disorders. They cannot be overcome only through “will power” and are not related to a person’s “character”.
- Around one in four adults has a diagnosable psychiatric illness. Serious mental illnesses include major depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder and behavior problems in children.
- Mental illnesses are treatable and effective treatments are available for psychiatric illnesses.
- Between 70 and 90 percent of individuals have significant reduction of symptoms and improved quality of life with treatment.
Psychiatry is the medical specialty devoted to the study and treatment of mental health conditions. The term was first coined by the German physician Johann Christian Reil in 1808, and literally means the ‘medical treatment of the mind’ (psych-: mind; from Ancient Greek psykhē: soul; -iatry: medical treatment; from Gk. iātrikos: medical, iāsthai: to heal). A medical doctor specialising in psychiatry is a psychiatrist.
Psychiatric assessment typically starts with compilation of a case history and a detailed mental status examination. Psychological tests and physical examinations may be conducted, including on occasion the use of neuroimaging or other neuro physiological techniques. Mental health disorders are diagnosed in accordance with criteria listed in diagnostic manuals such as the widely used. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), published by the American Psychiatric Association, and the International Classification of Diseases (ICD), edited and used by the World Health Organization.
Psychiatric treatment applies a variety of modalities, including medication, psychotherapy and a wide range of other techniques such as transcranial magnetic stimulation. Treatment may be delivered on an inpatient or outpatient basis, depending on the severity of functional impairment or on other aspects of the disorder in question.
Dr. Shankar Srinivas Kuchibatla , a Dubai based leading psychiatrist has expertise in the treatment of a variety of General Psychiatric conditions including:
- Acute and chronic mental illnesses
- Bipolar disorder
- Major depression
- Eating disorder
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Conduct disorder
- Other psychotic disorders
- Impulse control disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Panic disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive disorder
- Conversion disorders
- Tic disorder
- Physical Symptoms of Mental Illness
Why Psychiatrist from ‘’Psychiatryservices4u.com’’ :
We provide sophisticated and up-to-date psychiatric services, which include detailed physical and mental health assessment, diagnosis, psychiatric management including counselling, medication advice and thorough follow up. Our goal is to provide our services in a multidisciplinary approach to clients who suffer psychiatric disorders, including:
- Antenatal and Postnatal Depression
- Anxiety Disorders
- Adjustment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Sleep disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Suicidal ideations/plans
- Bereavement and loss of a close one, job, relationship, etc.
- Relapse during the course of mental disorder treatment
- Emotional instability for any further reasons
- Eating disorders